poniedziałek, 25 września 2017

10B - Grammar articles

Complete the sentences with a, an, the or – (no articles)
1.      The Kremlin is probably the most famous building in Moscow.
2.      James had an accident while he was skiing in Austria and now he’s in hospital.
3.      The first state in the USA where women could vote was Wayoming.
4.      The population of South Africa is approximately 52 million.
5.      I went to university the year after I finished school. First I worked as an au-pair in Italy for six month.
6.      The River Ebro in Spain flows into the Mediterranean Sea.
7.      We couldn’t visit the village church yesterday because there was a wedding taking place.
8.      The quickest way to get from London to Oxford by car is to take the M40 motorway.
9.      Lake Superior, in Canada, is the biggest lake in the world.
10.  I’m not usually frightened of spiders, but the spiders in the zoo were enormous.
11.  The man was sent to prison for eight years for robbing a bank in Zurich.
12.  I love eating at Mario’s. I think it’s the best pizza restaurant in the city.
13.  Whenever I’m in London, I take a bus to the Science Museum and spend the morning looking around.
14.  We spent our honeymoon in Marocco and camped in the Sahara desert for two nights.
15.  My sister doesn’t normally like heights, but she managedto climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
16.  Mont Blanc is the highest mountain in the Alps.

1 komentarz: